Apply at MCC
You're just three steps away from beginning your journey at Marshalltown Community College!
1. Fill out the online application.
This is all we need if you’re just taking a few classes to transfer back to your primary college, or if you’re taking a few courses for personal interest.
If you're from outside Iowa and enrolling exclusively for MCC online classes, or if you're an international student, the process looks just a bit different. Learn more on our Online/Distance Learning page and our International Students page.
2. Send Your Transcripts to MCC.
We'll need a high school/HSED transcript and any previous college transcripts if:
- You're planning to complete an MCC diploma or degree program, and/or
- You're applying for any financial aid.
We'll need an official transcript from each college you've previously attended, complete with that college's seal. Your previous college can send these directly to our admissions office. We'll look over your previous transcripts and apply any applicable coursework toward your MCC degree!
If you're currently enrolled in high school, just ask your guidance office to send us a 6th or 7th-semester transcript, and arrange to have a final transcript sent once you graduate!
3. Submit your ACT, SAT, ACCUPLACER, or ASSET scores.
We use these scores to place students in the right classes – these are NOT admissions tests.
Check with your high school's guidance office to see whether your ACT or SAT score is listed on your high school transcript. If so, you're all set – we'll receive your score when we receive your transcript in step 2.
If your ACT score isn't available from your high school, you can submit a request to the ACT Records Department, along with a fee, at PO Box 451, Iowa City, IA, 52240. Your score should be from within the last five years.
- Schedule a campus visit to discuss your individual needs: Call MCC Admissions at 641-752-7106, or toll-free at 1-866-622-4748. PLEASE NOTE: Dental Assisting, Gunsmith Technology, Medical Assisting, and Nursing programs have additional admission requirements. Click page links for additional information.
- Complete an online Student Housing Application and deposit; priority is given to space availability.
- File a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) to see if you are eligible for grants, student loans, and scholarships. Scholarships are awarded starting in January for the fall semester.
- Schedule an appointment with an advisor to register for classes (you will receive an invitation after you’ve been accepted to MCC).