At Marshalltown Community College, we don't want tuition costs to keep you from getting a quality education. We work hard to keep tuition affordable, and we offer numerous grants and scholarships to our students each year. (This is financial aid that doesn't need to be paid back.) You focus on your academic success, we'll help you to make it affordable.
New MCC students can apply for scholarships by completing the Application for Admission & Scholarships Form. If you're a returning student, you can apply by completing the MCC Returning Student Scholarship Application Form!
for qualified students:
- Directors' Scholarships (full tuition and standard fees)
- Awarded to Iowa high school valedictorians or salutatorians who enroll full-time at MCC. Scholarship renewable for a second year based on a college GPA of 3.0 or above.
- ACT Scholarships ($500 yearly)
- Scholarship awarded for student's first academic year. Awarded to MCC students with ACT composite scores of 25 or above.
- Career & Technical Degree Scholarships (amounts vary)
- Available to high school seniors who enroll in one of MCC’s many career-technical degree programs.
- Activity & Athletic Scholarships (amounts vary)
- Available to students who commit to participation in specific activities or athletic programs.
- Return 2 Learning Scholarships (amounts vary)
- Available to students who are at least 25 years of age and have not been enrolled at ECC/MCC for at least five years. The scholarship includes tuition for three credit hours during the student’s first term of enrollment. Students are responsible for fees and textbooks. The student will not be eligible for this scholarship if s/he is receiving tuition reimbursement from an employer.
Visit the MCC Foundation website for more information or contact the MCC Admissions Office for available scholarship opportunities!