Scholarships are awarded on a continuous basis starting in January. Applying early will ensure you are considered for the maximum number of scholarships.
|New Students||Returning Students|
|MCC’s Application for Admission & Scholarships Form will collect all the relevant information to determine scholarship eligibility; no additional scholarship forms are required.||• MCC Returning Student Scholarship Application Form (online)|
|Request that your official high school transcript be sent to the MCC Admissions Office.||• MCC Returning Student Scholarship Application Form (pdf)|
|File a FAFSA (opened Oct. 1 for Fall 2021)||File a FAFSA (opened Oct. 1 for Fall 2021)|
All MCC Foundation scholarships require that a student must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled full-time (12 credit hours or more per semester) unless otherwise noted in the individual scholarship requirements. GPA requirements listed are minimums.
- File a Free Application for Federal Student Aid/FAFSA form each year. Students without a Social Security number please complete the Federal EFC Forecaster and contact the MCC Financial Aid Office for further instructions.
MCC Foundation Scholarships
Click here to visit the MCC Foundation website.
MCC General Scholarships
- Directors’ Scholarships (full tuition and standard fees) – Awarded to Iowa high school valedictorians or salutatorians who enroll full-time at MCC. Scholarship renewable for a second year based on a college GPA of 3.0 or above.
- ACT Scholarships ($500 yearly) – Scholarship awarded first academic year. Awarded to MCC students with an ACT composite scores of 25 or above.
- Career & Technical Degree Scholarships (amounts vary) – Available to high school seniors who enroll in one of MCC’s many career-technical degree programs.
- Activity & Athletic Scholarships (amounts vary) – Available to students who commit to participation in specific activities or athletic programs.
- Return 2 Learning Scholarships (amounts vary) – Available to students who are at least 25 years of age or older and have not been enrolled at ECC/MCC for at least five years. The scholarship includes tuition for three credit hours during the student’s first term of enrollment. Students are responsible for fees and textbooks. The student will not be eligible for this scholarship if s/he is receiving tuition reimbursement from an employer.
In addition, many MCC students receive scholarships awarded by their high schools, by professional and fraternal organizations they are affiliated with, or through other academic sources. These scholarships are not administered by the Foundation, but are accepted and credited to student accounts.