During fall and spring terms, the Student Success Center offers free peer tutoring for students enrolled in specific MCC courses. Our tutors are students who have successfully completed the course. The SSC also provides professional tutors for Math and Writing. They have set days and times they are available each week. Peer tutoring is scheduled at a time that works for both students.
|Math||T, W & Th||10 am - 4:30 pm|
|Writing||M, T, & W||10:30 am - 4:30 pm|
|General Assistance||M & F||8 am - 1 pm|
|Anatomy & Physiology||TBD||TBD|
Both prospective tutors and students who want tutoring assistance are required to fill out separate applications. If you have questions about your application or the process, please contact us.
- All applications will include instructor input
- Students’ grades, class attendance and study habits are evaluated
- Other options may be recommended
Apply for Tutoring Assistance
- Complete a Tutoring Request Form (online form; you'll need to log in on PawPass).
- Your application will be evaluated, and you will be contacted by an SSC representative, usually within 24 hours.
- The SSC will attempt to secure a tutor for your subject area(s) during the semester you applied; however, tutor assistance is not guaranteed.
Apply to be a Peer Tutor
Are you particularly good with certain subjects? Do you enjoy helping others? Are you able to guide and facilitate discussion without giving students the answer, doing the problem for them, or performing the task for them? If so, then...
- Complete the Application for Tutor Position Form (online form; you'll need to log in on PawPass).
- You will be contacted to meet with an SSC representative, usually within 24 hours, to review your application.