Admission into the Gunsmith Technology program is separate from admission to the College. The first step students must take is to complete an admissions folder. All of the following items must be submitted to the MCC Admissions Office. Click here for a complete list of tools required.
NOTICE: Applicants must fill out BOTH forms below.
- Completed application for College admission
- Completed application for the Gunsmith Technology program
- IVG Gunsmith Tech Applicant Form (online form)
- Official high school transcript or high school equivalency diploma required (send to MCC Admissions Office, 3700 South Center Street, Marshalltown, Iowa 50158).
- Official transcripts from other colleges you have attended, if applicable (send to Admissions Office).
- Take or submit ACT or ACCUPLACER; fax scores to 641 236-0036 or email scores to Kelly Davis. To determine scores needed for remediation, consult a Student Success Specialist.
- Prospective students shall submit a letter of application for admission to the Gunsmith Tech program. The letter should be a maximum of 1,000 words, double spaced in times New Roman font, size 12. This letter will be used in the review process by the admissions committee for the selection of students for admission.
- Iowa law forbids any person under the age of 18 to possess a handgun. Prospective students shall be eighteen (18) years of age or older on or before the first day of the first Gunsmith Tech course in which they are registered.
- Students selected for moving forward in the process will be notified, and sent a link by email to complete the background check. Students will pay for the background check. Students must prove their eligibility to own and possess firearms. This includes all project guns, receivers, etc. that the student needs to procure while enrolled.
NOTE: If felony and/or misdemeanor charges are found on a background check after the student is enrolled, the student could be dismissed and the student would be liable for any tuition already paid if beyond drop date.