Steps to Admission
- APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION & SCHOLARSHIPS
- HIGH SCHOOL EQUIVALENCY (HSED) TRANSCRIPT
- Request that your official high school diploma or high school equivalency diploma be sent to the MCC Admissions Office. These must be official transcripts sent directly from the school. If you received your High School Equivalency Diploma (HSED) in the State of Iowa, you can request your transcript here.
- PREVIOUS COLLEGE TRANSCRIPTS
- A transcript from each college previously attended must be provided. These must be official transcripts sent directly from the previous college(s) to the MCC Admissions Office. Your application will not be complete until all transcripts are received.
- ACT/ACCUPLACER/COMPASS SCORES
- Request that your official ACT, ACCUPLACER, or COMPASS scores be sent to the MCC Admissions Office. Scores are used for placement in classes; they are not admissions assessments. In many instances, high schools make a record of scores and the scores are part of the high school transcript. Score results need to be within the last five years.
- The ACCUPLACER Next Generation assessment is offered through the MCC Admissions Office. Contact us to schedule an appointment.
- Schedule a campus visit to discuss your individual needs: Call MCC Admissions at 641-752-7106, or toll-free at 1-866-622-4748. PLEASE NOTE: Culinary Apprenticeship, Dental Assisting, Gunsmith Technology, Medical Assisting, and Nursing programs have additional admission requirements. Click page links for additional information.
- Complete an online Student Housing Application and deposit; priority is given by space availability.
- File a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) to see if you are eligible for grants, student loans and scholarships. Scholarships are awarded starting in January for the fall semester.
- Schedule an appointment with an advisor to register for classes (you will receive an invitation after you’ve been accepted to MCC).