How do I get information about the commencement ceremony?
Instructions and information for the commencement ceremony is posted on the Commencement Information page.
Are tickets required for the commencement ceremony?
No, tickets are not required for the commencement ceremony.
How do I get a cap and gown for the ceremony?
Caps and gowns may be purchased from the MCC Bookstore.
What do I need to do before commencement?
- You must complete and submit an application for graduation by working with your advisor. Degree requirements will be reviewed by the Registrar’s Office.
- Complete Financial Aid or Loans Receivable Exit Interview.
- Your transcript and diploma will not be released if you have an outstanding balance.
What if I need special assistance at the ceremony?
Any graduate planning to participate in the graduation ceremony who will need special assistance (wheelchair access, etc.) should contact the Registrar’s Office at (641) 844-5706 prior to the ceremony.
How early should my family and I arrive for the ceremony?
The doors to Student Activity Center will be open to everyone 90 minutes before the ceremony is scheduled to start. Late attendees will be escorted to a different area to view the ceremony telecast.
What if I have friends or family who cannot attend the ceremony? Is there a way for them to watch the ceremony?
Yes! The MCC commencement ceremony will be streamed “live” online at https://www.youtube.com/user/ivccd.
How long will the commencement ceremony last?
The commencement ceremony will last approximately one hour. All graduates will walk across the stage as their name is read.
When will diplomas be mailed?
The Registrar’s Office reviews each graduate applicant’s file to make sure all graduation requirements have been met.
- December graduates who earn a degree may expect a degree packet to be mailed at the end of January.
- Spring graduates who earn a degree may expect a degree packet to be mailed at the end of June.
- Summer 1st Half graduates who earn a degree may expect a degree packet to be mailed at the end of July.
- Summer Full Term & 2nd Half graduates who earn a degree may expect a degree packet to be mailed at the end of August.
You may review your degree requirements by viewing your Advising Worksheet by following these steps:
- Log into PawPass
- Click on the Advising tab
- Click on the ‘Click here’ link in the Advising Worksheet portal
- Click the ‘Recalculate Student Progress’ button
- Click on the ‘Printable Advising Worksheet’ pdf link
What if I want my diploma mailed overseas?
International students returning home after graduation who want their diploma mailed to them overseas need to stop in the Registrar’s Office and fill out an overseas mailer and verify mailing information. (Diplomas will be mailed to an overseas address ONLY when this procedure is completed). Call 641-844-5706 or email Megan.Larson@iavalley.edu for more information.
What if I need to change my commencement date to a later semester?
How do I request my transcripts?
You can click here for instructions on how to request your transcripts. You can either request your transcripts to be sent immediately, at the end of term, or hold for degree. You can fill the form out now and the transcript request form will be processed in order of receipt based on the request.