How do I get information about the commencement ceremony?
Instructions and information for the commencement ceremony is posted on the Commencement Information page.
Can I still get a cap and gown if I do not plan on attending?
Caps and gowns may be purchased from the MCC Bookstore You can visit: http://bookstore.iavalley.edu/Homeor call Paulla at 641-844-5766.
What do I need to do before commencement?
- You must complete and submit an application for graduation by working with your advisor. Degree requirements will be reviewed by the Registrar’s Office.
- Complete Financial Aid or Loans Receivable Exit Interview.
- Your transcript and diploma will not be released if you have an outstanding balance.
When will diplomas be mailed?
The Registrar’s Office reviews each graduate applicant’s file to make sure all graduation requirements have been met.
- December graduates who earn a degree may expect a degree packet to be mailed at the end of January.
- Spring graduates who earn a degree may expect a degree packet to be mailed at the end of June.
- Summer 1st Half graduates who earn a degree may expect a degree packet to be mailed at the end of July.
- Summer Full Term & 2nd Half graduates who earn a degree may expect a degree packet to be mailed at the end of August.
You may review your degree requirements by viewing your Advising Worksheet by following these steps:
- Log into PawPass
- Click on the Advising tab
- Click on the ‘Click here’ link in the Advising Worksheet portal
- Click the ‘Recalculate Student Progress’ button
- Click on the ‘Printable Advising Worksheet’ pdf link
What if I want my diploma mailed overseas?
What if I need to change my commencement date to a later semester?
How do I request my transcripts?
You can click here for instructions on how to request your transcripts. You can either request your transcripts to be sent immediately, at the end of term, or hold for degree. You can fill the form out now and the transcript request form will be processed in order of receipt based on the request.
Can’t find the answer you are looking for?
Kathleen is happy to help! Email her at Kathleen.email@example.com or call her at 641-844-5715.