Marshalltown Community College will be celebrating graduation for the 2020-2021 academic year for students who have met the requirements for graduation at the end of the Fall 2020, Spring 2021, and Summer 2021 terms. Due to the pandemic MCC graduates will be honored at the Virtual Graduation Celebration event on Friday, May 7, at 7:00 pm CST. This event celebrates the academic achievements of our students in an online format, allowing them to share this special moment with friends and family on any device. The Graduation Celebration agenda will be similar to MCC’s traditional format with speakers and individual graduate recognition but in a live online event to ensure that each graduate and their guests can safely participate.
Students will receive information via text message and/or their college email address about participating in the virtual celebration including an opportunity to create a graduation social media filter and a personalized recognition slide shown during the Virtual Graduation Celebration. The event will be available for streaming after the May 7th live event. Information about accessing the celebration will be available through MCC’s social media platforms and the commencement website.
Candidates for commencement may purchase regalia for ceremonial purposes (includes cap, tassel, and gown for $25.50) beginning at 8 am on April 1, 2021 at the MCC Bookstore.
Order your regalia online from the MCC Bookstore at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Go to the “Graduation” tab
- Select what you would like to purchase
- Select the size
- Pay with Visa, Mastercard or Discover
- Choose “pick up at Bookstore” or ship. You will be charged a shipping fee if you choose ship. If you choose to pick-up, we will call you and make arrangements for a pickup outside of the building.
The Cap and Gown come with the Tassel and a 2021 date drop. You may order extra Tassels if you wish. Unless an exchange is needed, all sales on commencement regalia are final.
Invitations to the commencement ceremony will be available to purchase when the ceremony is rescheduled.
Degrees will be conferred as soon as possible after the semester is completed. Students should expect their degree to be conferred within 2-3 weeks of your semester ending.
The Registrar’s Office reviews each graduate applicant’s file to make sure all graduation requirements have been met.
- December graduates who earn a degree may expect a degree packet to be mailed at the end of January.
- Spring graduates who earn a degree may expect a degree packet to be mailed at the end of June.
- Summer 1st Half graduates who earn a degree may expect a degree packet to be mailed at the end of July.
- Summer Full Term & 2nd Half graduates who earn a degree may expect a degree packet to be mailed at the end of August.
Degree packets include: diploma, diploma cover, one copy of your official transcript, Commencement program, and earned cords/medals