Marshalltown Education Partnership (MEP)
What is MEP?
The goal of the Marshalltown Education Partnership (MEP) is to make post-secondary education a possibility for all graduates of Marshalltown High School.
Members of the Marshalltown Education Partnership believe that tomorrow’s community leaders and future workforce will come from the talented young people currently enrolled in Marshalltown schools. They are committed to helping these students with the resources they need to finish high school and obtain a college education.
The Education Partnership is contributing to Marshalltown’s economic development efforts through the increased earning power of high school graduates and college-educated workers.
- Monitor progress and help in solving challenges
- Beginning 9th grade, students will create a portfolio, which is used during the college application process
- Receive guidance in the college application process
- Small group meetings discussing college preparation & student panels
- Assistance completing the FAFSA
- Exploration of careers and colleges
- MEP/MCC scholarship (for eligible students)
- One-on-one advising
- Educational Workshops
- Leadership opportunities
- Help with the transfer processes
Am I eligible?
- Must sign the Commitment to Excellence Contract during 8th grade year or before the end of their 1st semester in 9th grade
- Must be a first generation college student (neither parent completed a 4 year college degree)
- Demonstrate financial need (students who receive free/reduced lunch may qualify)
How to Apply
Students need to:
- Complete the Commitment to Excellence Contract before the end of first semester during 9th grade.
- Submit proof of income (copy of tax return OR free/reduced lunch verification form).
- Once submitted, materials will be reviewed by the MEP Coordinator and an acceptance letter will be sent upon approval.
Donate to MEP
Check out our most recent newsletter and use the last page if you are interested in donating to MEP.