MCC students earn PN diplomas
Tuesday / December 15, 2015
Fourteen Marshalltown Community College students will earn their Practical Nursing diploma at the end of this semester. Graduates of the program have the option to continue with the Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) program or take their Board examinations and go straight into the workforce.
MCC’s PN students have tested extremely well on board exams the past several years. Graduates had a 100% board passage rate in 2011 and 2012, a 96% passage rate in 2013, and 93% passage last year.
These MCC students will earn their Practical Nursing (PN) diploma this year:
- Ankeny – Christine Nayiga
- Belle Plaine – Tracy Sieck
- Cherokee – Erica Nicholson
- Grinnell – Ashley Reed; Elisabeth Jones
- Iowa Falls – Tonya Harrison
- Laurel – Jennifer Overton
- Marshalltown – Angela French; Abby Moreno; Stephanie Taylor; Alyssa Hall
- Searsboro – Brianna James
- Steamboat Rock – Morgan Rose
- Union – Tonya McEwen
This fall, MCC announced its new part-time “blended/hybrid” Practical Nursing program starting Jan. 11. The goal of the new program is to offer more online classes and provide flexibility to those with busy schedules.
If you have any questions or would like more information regarding MCC’s Practical Nursing program, or registration, contact Linda Hanson or any of the academic advisors at 641-752-7106.