Orpheum presents ‘Life is Great’ Open House on Nov. 21
Friday / November 13, 2015
The IVCCD Orpheum Theater Center invites you to its first-ever ‘Life is Great’ open house on Saturday, Nov. 21. The one-day event will feature a critically acclaimed documentary series, a live-band, a children’s carnival, Christmas tree decorating, and other activities for the entire family to enjoy.
Schedule of Events:
- 1 pm
- The Dust Bowl (Part One): Acclaimed filmmaker Ken Burns’ two-part documentary chronicles the worst man-made ecological disaster in American history, in which the frenzied wheat boom of the “Great Plow-Up,” followed by a decade-long drought during the 1930s nearly swept away the breadbasket of the nation.
- 5 – 8 pm
- Mini children’s carnival: duck pond, beanbag toss, ‘spin’ for a prize, and a temporary tattoo booth.
- Exhibit of Marshall County Arts and Culture Alliance members
- Christmas tree decorating
- Volunteers will be available to give tours of our facilities, gallery, and exhibit.
- 7 pm
- Band – J.J. Ace, a local, full house rock band. Members include Brian Arrowood (drums/vocals), Dan Emerson (lead guitar), Gary Judge (lead vocals), Louis Hoffert (bass & vocals).
- The Dust Bowl (Part Two)
All events are FREE and open to the public. Food and beverages will be available for purchase from Down Under BBQ, available from 7 – 11 pm in the Black Box Theater.
For questions or more information, call 641-844-5921, visit the Orpheum Website, or stop by the Orpheum Theater Center office at 220 E. Main St. in Marshalltown.