Pair a Docs
The Pair a Docs Club is a group for students studying to become professionals in the medical fields including but not limited to DO, MD, DVM, PT/PTA or DDS/DMD. Club meetings and field trips will focus on mentorship/advising in pre-professional coursework, career exploration, and networking. In addition, students develop relationships and support systems with their fellow students and advisers. Our goal is to provide unique experiences that will help student decide if a medical career is right for them and empower them to reach their goals.
Upcoming Virtual Events
- Feb. 2-4: Med Virtual Conference
- March 12- 14: APVMA Pre-Vet Virtual Conference
Please contact Dr. Kness at Danielle.Kness@iavalley.edu to hear about what events are offered through the Pair a Docs Club.
Interested in a College Visit to a Pre-Prof Medical Program?
Check out the links below to get started!
- Des Moines University (DMU): DO, PA, PT programs
- Mercy College of Health Sciences: Nursing, PT assistant, Rad Tech, Surg Tech, Medical Lab Science
- Drake University College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences: PT, Pharmacy https://www.drake.edu/cphs/contactus/
- University of Iowa College of Dentistry: https://www.dentistry.uiowa.edu/admissions-visit-us
- University of Iowa College of Pharmacy: https://pharmacy.uiowa.edu/schedule-visit
- Palmer College of Chiropractic: https://www.palmer.edu/admissions/visits-events/main-campus-tour/
Student can find information on requirements for perspective career pathways. Students can generally join the each of these associations. Membership includes access to information on pathways of study, study tools for National Pre-Entrance Exams, Association Conferences and much more!
- Pre-Chiropractor ACA: https://www.acatoday.org/Patients/Why-Choose-Chiropractic/Chiropractic-Qualifications
- Pre-Dental: ASDA https://www.asdanet.org
- Pre-Med: AMSA https://www.amsa.org/members/amsa-premeds/
- Pre-Pharmacy: American Association of Pharmacy Colleges – go to student pages https://www.aacp.org/
- Pre-Physical Therapy APTA: https://www.apta.org/ProspectiveStudents/Admissions/PTProcess/
- Pre-Vet: APVMA https://www.apvma.org/index.html
Pair a Docs Club is a Chapter of the APVMA.
Contact Danielle Kness, Biology Faculty, for more information.