Credit for Prior Training/Joint Services Transcript
The VA also requires the College to evaluate and report (if appropriate) transfer credit from all prior education. Therefore, official transcripts from all post-secondary schools/colleges/universities that a student has attended, whether or not VA Educational Benefits were used, are needed to process admissions and VA Enrollment Certification. A student will not be certified for VA Educational Benefits if these transcripts are not secured.
Acceptance of Career Credits
- The College will accept credit earned in its career programs and apply such credit to the Associate of Arts degree on the following basis:
- Credit earned in a career program may be used to fulfill elective credit up to 16 semester hours.
- Career credit may not be used to fulfill core requirements for the AA degree without a waiver from the division involved and the Dean of Academic Affairs.
Acceptance of Transfer Credit
- Credit from other accredited colleges will be evaluated in terms of the College’s degree requirements.
- Transfer credits are accepted only for classes in which the student earned a grade of C- or better.
- Accepted credit GPA does not transfer.
- Pass/fail credits are not accepted for transfer. As applicable, these criteria also apply to the Associate of Science degree.
Acceptance of Military Credit
- Students can receive transfer credit for military experience with an official ACE (American Council on Education) recommendation transcript.
- If a valid DD214 is also provided the student may receive 2 physical education credits and 2 general elective credits.
- A maximum of 30 military related credits (this includes 16 vocational credits) will be applied toward graduation.