Skip To Main Content


Amber Bolen with MCC student

Military Friendls School 2017 logoMAE&T Top Colleges & Universities 2017 logo

Marshalltown Community College is proud to have been named to the 2017 Top College & University List by Military Advanced Education & Transition and to Victory Media’s 2017 Military Friendly® Schools List.

Students receiving VA Educational Benefits must complete the application process with the VA School Certifying Official at MCC. In addition, a copy of your DD-214 or Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE), Kicker Contract (if applicable) and an Application for VA Education Benefits (22-1990) must be submitted for enrollment certification.

Join us via zoom for the Veterans Day Ceremony, Nov. 11 • 12:15 pm

Veterans Benefits

  • Chapter 30: Montgomery GI Bill® – Active Duty
  • Chapter 31: VA Vocational Rehabilitation – Veterans with Disabilities
  • Chapter 32: VEAP
  • Chapter 33: Post 9/11 GI Bill®
  • Chapter 35: Survivors and Dependents Educational Assistance Program
  • Chapter 1606: Montgomery GI Bill® – Selected Reserve
  • Chapter 1607: Reserved Educational Assistance Program

Specific questions regarding these benefits should be directed to the VA Education Benefits toll-free number for students at 888-442-4551.

To apply for veteran benefits, go to and complete the VONAPP application online.

For more information and assistance completing forms, contact Amber Bolen at (641) 844-5703 or

  • Live Chat