At Marshalltown Community College, we believe it’s never too late to get an education. That’s why we’re always excited to see so many adult (“non-traditional”) students walking the halls of our campus! Roughly 20 percent of our student body is age 23 or older, which means you’ll have a lot in common with many of your fellow students!
There are three really important things to know about being an adult student:
- You are as likely to be academically successful as the average “traditional” student.
- You probably have more personal/family, financial and work responsibilities than the average student, which may create some stress and lead you to wonder how you can possibly add “college” to your To Do List! Before you decide that you can’t, let us talk with you about how so many other adult MCC students are managing these things successfully.
- Your college degree is closer than you think. We find that adult students are more focused and driven toward the completion of their goals than the average student. Once you start, you’ve taken the most important step … inch by inch, life’s a cinch!
MCC provides a support system for all students, including adults. Your advisor will work closely with you to ensure that your academic and professional goals are met.
Helpful links & additional resources
- Learn more about MCC’s Degree Programs.
- Interested in taking some/all of your credits online? Find out whether our Online/Distance Learning opportunities meet your needs.
- If finances are a concern, check out MCC’s Scholarships. Our Financial Aid web pages have all the information you need. We have a special Return 2 Learning Scholarship specifically for students age 25 and older who have not attended college in the past five years; details are on the Scholarship linked page above.
- There’s lots of information online, but sometimes it’s nice to visit one-on-one with someone. At any time in the process, feel free to call, email, or stop in and visit with our MCC Admissions Office Staff.
Thinking of giving it a shot? Then click the ‘Apply‘ button on the right side of the screen or click here to get the admissions process started. It’s easy, and we’ll be with you every step of the way!