Marshalltown Community College and its satellite campus, Iowa Valley Grinnell, are both operated by Iowa Valley Community College District. IVCCD also operates Ellsworth Community College. These three unique campuses offer students a variety of educational programs.
- MCC offers 53 degree/diploma options
- MCC’s student-faculty ratio is 13:1, with an average class size of 17 students
- Our average enrollment is about 2,000 students
- Of those, 41% are enrolled full-time and 59% are part-time
- 55% of our students are women and 44% are men
- 95% are Iowa residents
- 34% of our students identify with ethnic minority groups
- MCC awards about $300,000 in scholarships annually
- Approximately 43% of our students receive grant or scholarship aid from the federal government, sate/local government, the institution or other sources
- Percent of students who were awarded a Pell grant – 32% (fall 2013)
- Percent of students who received a federal student loan – 31% (fall 2013)
- Our Associate in Arts (AA) degree can be taken completely online
- 80.4% of our students are enrolled in arts and sciences programs and 19.6% are in career and technical programs
These facts are based on MCC’s Fall 2014 enrollment.