Marshalltown Community College and its satellite campus, Iowa Valley Grinnell, are both operated by Iowa Valley Community College District. IVCCD also operates Ellsworth Community College. These three unique campuses offer students a variety of educational programs.
- MCC and IVG offer nearly 80 degree/diploma options
- MCC’s student-faculty ratio is 13:1, with an average class size of 17 students
- Our average enrollment is about 2,020 students
- Of those, 40% are enrolled full-time and 60% are part-time
- 58% of our students are women and 42% are men
- 94% are Iowa residents
- 20% of our students identify with ethnic minority groups
- MCC awards more than $315,000 in scholarships annually
- Approximately 41% of our students receive grant or scholarship aid from the federal government, sate/local government, the institution or other sources
- Percent of students who were awarded a Pell grant – 28% (fall 2015)
- Percent of students who received a federal student loan – 23% (fall 2015)
- Our Associate in Arts (AA) degree can be taken completely online
- 84.7% of our students are enrolled in arts and sciences programs and 15.3% are in career and technical programs
These facts are based on MCC’s Fall 2016 enrollment unless otherwise indicated.