Marshalltown Community College and its satellite campus, Iowa Valley Grinnell, are both operated by Iowa Valley Community College District. IVCCD also operates Ellsworth Community College. These three unique campuses offer students a variety of educational programs.
- MCC and IVG offer nearly 80 degree/diploma options
- MCC’s student-faculty ratio is 11:1, with an average class size of 15 students
- Our average enrollment is about 2,032 students
- Of those, 37% are enrolled full-time and 63% are part-time
- 56% of our students are women and 44% are men
- 94% are Iowa residents
- 51% of our students identify with ethnic minority groups
- MCC awards more than $828,851 in scholarships annually
- Approximately 40% of our students receive grant or scholarship aid from the federal government, sate/local government, the institution or other sources
- Percent of students who were awarded a Pell grant – 26%
- Percent of students who received a federal student loan – 22%
- Our Associate of Arts (AA) degree can be taken completely online
- 84.9% of our students are enrolled in arts and sciences programs and 15.1% are in career and technical programs
These facts are based on MCC’s Fall 2017 enrollment unless otherwise indicated.