Become an MCC Student Ambassador
The MCC Student Ambassador Program is always looking for respectable, qualified students to assist the Admissions Office. MCC Ambassadors are an elite group of students carefully chosen to represent diverse degree programs, athletic involvements, and club/organization memberships. Ambassadors serve the College by supporting the recruiting efforts and routine affairs of the Admissions Office and other administrative offices as requested. The Ambassador program is scholarship-based; students can earn up to $1,000 a year.
- Education: Ambassadors must be enrolled as full-time students at MCC.
- Experience: Preference is given to those best qualified to work in a customer service environment.
- Academics: Ambassadors must have a minimum 2.7 high school GPA. They must maintain regular class attendance and have minimum 2.5 GPA at MCC.
- Able to work in an environment of shifting priorities, frequent interruptions, hectic pace, and interaction with students, staff, and/or the public.
- Working knowledge of computer software programs, including Word and Excel.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including proficiency in business English, grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Able to work independently and be a team player in completing assigned tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Enthusiastic desire to demonstrate MCC school spirit.
Click on the Application Form to become an MCC Ambassador!
Meet the MCC Ambassadors
I chose MCC to be close to home. I also took a lot of classes in high school and I wanted to finish my AA degree at a cheaper cost.
What I like best about MCC is how flexible it is. They work with my schedule and they offer a lot of online classes that I have loved.
Hana is going to graduate with her Liberal Arts Associate of Arts degree in December 2020 and plans to transfer to attend UNI.
What I like most about my major/area of study is how easy it is to transfer to a college or university.
I have an older brother and younger sister. I love to play/coach volleyball with my sister!
My advice for college-bound students is to stay on task and get your homework done. Do not put it off until the last minute.
Marisol Lopez Silva
I chose MCC because it was close to home and MCC feels like home. Also, it really is a good start for me and my family financially.
What I like best about MCC is that overall I feel safe and very comfortable.
Marisol is a Criminal Justice (AA) 2022 graduate. She plans to attend ISU or UNI to continue with her Criminal Justice major.
What I like most about my major/area of study is its very interesting and I’m learning things I didn’t know before.
I have two younger brothers and they are currently attending MHS. I played soccer throughout high school except for my senior year due to the pandemic.
My advice for college-bound students is to go for something you would enjoy doing on a regular basis and always be yourself!
I chose MCC because I wanted to stay in my community and get to know more of the people in it. MCC has great opportunities and activities for all students and the faculty truly have student success as their mission.
What I like best about MCC is that it feels like a big family. Everyone is a familiar face and offers their help in any way possible. It’s a great way to form study groups and join clubs!
Grace is a Liberal Arts Associate of Arts degree major. I hope to transfer to Iowa State University for Animal Science.
What I like most about my major/area of study is I love learning about life and how we fit in the world compared to other animals.
I have one brother and two amazing dogs. I love painting, reading and going outside. I am a member of the MCC Dance Team and STEM club.
My advice for college-bound students is don’t be nervous to ask questions and be involved. Your professors are here to help you succeed and being involved in clubs give you amazing resources and experiences.
For more information, contact Amy Good in the MCC Admissions Office.