Online Degree Programs
AA Liberal Arts/Transfer degree
The 64-credit Liberal Arts Associate in Arts (AA) degree is generally considered one of our best transferable degrees. Marshalltown Community College has articulation agreements with Iowa State University, University of Northern Iowa, and The University of Iowa, which basically state that our AA degree will transfer completely to these universities. How the individual courses will apply at the next level depends on each student’s major.
Students who plan to study programs such as accounting, history, paralegal or psychology, for example, can complete an AA at one of our colleges and transfer the credits to a university to be used toward completion of a bachelor’s degree. If a student knows that he or she wants to transfer into a specific major, that student can choose electives that emphasize courses in that specific area (such as psychology or business).
We have 51 AA emphases in various areas to help guide students to appropriate electives to transfer. To get an AA degree completed in two years, students should average 16 credits per semester or take additional courses in off-terms such as summer or winter interim.
In addition to the general AA degree available fully online, the AA degree emphases that can be completed online at our colleges (if key courses are chosen as electives) include:
- Accounting (major codes: EAPAT/MAPAT)
- Communications/Public Relations/Journalism (major codes: EAPJR/MAPJR)
- Computer Applications in Business (major codes: EAPCB/MAPCB)
- Education, Secondary (major codes: EAPSC/MAPSC)
- Finance & Banking (major code: EAPFB, available only through Ellsworth)
- History (major codes: EAPHI/MAPHI)
- Human Services (major codes: EAPRH/MAPRH)
- Paralegal (major code: MAPAR)
- Psychology (major codes: EAPPY/MAPPY)
- Social Work (major codes: EAPSW/MAPSW)
- Sociology (major codes: EAPSS/MAPSS)
AAS Paralegal degree
MCC offers an Associate in Applied Science (AAS) Paralegal degree completely online. The program is designed for people who want to get a 2-year degree and go right into the workforce. It’s also a way for someone with a Bachelor’s Degree to advance their career. Earn a degree without giving up your job! Click here for more information on the Paralegal program.