Engineering, Mathematics & Sciences
MCC’s Mathematics and Sciences programs are second to none when it comes to the quality of its instructors and course offerings. Learn more about these programs/departments:
Courses associated with Math & Sciences
Agriculture – Agronomy (AGA), Agriculture – Horticulture (AGH), Agriculture – Comprehensive (AGC), Biology (BIO), Chemistry (CHM), Engineering Technology (EGT), Environmental Science (ENV), Health Sciences (HSC), Mathematics (MAT), Physical Science (PHS), Physics (PHY), Science (SCI).
Opportunities in STEM
- STEM Clubs:
- Ecology Club: This student club focuses on conservation, plants and animals, and sustainable living.
- Pair a Docs Club: Student group for students studying to become professionals in the medical fields.
- STEM Club: A student club for students going into Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics. Activities include career exploration and STEM themed challenges like building the perfect parachute for an Egg!
- LSAMP: Provides support and opportunities in STEM for minority students.
- URE (Undergraduate Research Opportunities):
- RISE Up: This program is a collaboration with Iowa State University to provide summer research opportunities.
- UREACCh: (Undergraduate Research Experiences at Community Colleges) This state-wide initiative looks to increase opportunities in STEM research to community college students.
- NASA Community College Aerospace Scholars Program: This is a great experience for any student interested in working in a STEM field. You don’t have to be an Engineering student to apply!
- Looking for more opportunities, check out these lists of UREs
Opportunity for Incoming Freshman!
- Leaping into STEM Night: A unique opportunity for incoming Freshmen to learn about the field of STEM and prepare for their first semester in college!